Joomla to Wordpress.




Today, was my first attempt at creating a content based website.I was trying to put up a blog on the internet (which i have succesfully been able to do here).

I used a Free Hosting Service called 100webspaces.com. I am not very happy with the results.It Puts a Very Ugly Ad right on the top of the page.My quest for finding the perfect free host began from Zymic which due to FTP Issues i could get through too.

100webspaces.com can automatically install Joomla. So that wasnt a problem.After Joomla Being Installed, I went onto to its nice Interface which is easy to use once you look around a bit.

After spending 45 minutes with Joomla, I realised that this wasnt a great solution for Bloggers, i tried downloading the Wordpress Integration Module for Joomla (joomlify.com) again which was down through-out the day today.It made my Work more tedious.

Finally,After looking around I decided to go for Wordpress.100webspaces automatically installs Wordpress too.Using a few plugins and a nice little theme i found here.I finally had the blog up and running.

Note:100webspaces has this issue while posting on Wordpress.Whenever it auto-saves a post, the 100webspaces banner appears due to a reason i Couldn't understand.This makes the post unpublishable.I had to use a disable Auto-Save plugin for Wordpress which i found here.

My First Attempt at a Hosting Service was fruitful in the end.I like what i see(except the really ugly ad at the top)

CHEERS

 

0 Responses to Joomla to Wordpress.